Comment - Quitting is on the rise
by Anthony from Job Search Mentoring
I noticed this headline in an article in Forbes Magazine - Quitting is on the rise. Some thought arising from the article:
- When there is recession, people are prepared to put up with a job or boss they don't like, so if it is true that quitting is on the rise, this could mean that people believe the economy is changing for the better.
- If you are considering quitting your job this suggests to me, as a careers coach, that some career development planning is required.
You don't need me to tell you that quitting your job in times of economic uncertainty is not a good idea, unless you've really thought through the consequences, and.....you're confident that what you are moving towards is really in your best interest.
Career planning involves:
- Carrying out a thorough self review - your capabilities, areas of employable strength as well as evaluating what needs you have in other areas of your life
- Investigating the employment options available to you, given the outcomes of your self review
- Developing a list of preferred employers, and then preparing your job search action plan.
To summarise - don't quit on impulse, plan your next career move or job change.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Do you have some local job search news to share? Or, want to make a comment?.